Thank You for visiting the website of St Bartholomew, Thurstaston with St. Chad’s, Irby.
The links on the left will take you to useful information about our activities. If you require any additional information please use the “Contact Us” Link.
We are a Church of England Parish (Diocese of Chester) on the Wirral Peninsula serving the communities of Thurstaston and Irby.
We have two church buildings and four congregations, so we offer a large variety of styles of worship for people of all ages and all stages of Christian discipleship.
We would be pleased to welcome you at any of our services.
Revd Jane Turner (Rector)
Covid – Stage 4
Relaxing of Restrictions
from 19th July 2021
The PCC Standing Committee remain concerned about the rise in cases and admissions to hospital, and therefore propose to keep things much as they are and under review.
Things which will remain in place:-
- Keeping a record of people who attend services – although there will no longer be a need to pre-book
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available
- Face Coverings - whilst it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering in church we would ask you to ensure you have one with you, and encourage you to wear it when appropriate - either for yourself or for others near to you. You may choose to wear it when moving
around or if the church is very full, and especially when singing.
- Service books – we will continue to provide (on your first visit) copies of the service books to be taken home and brought to services which you choose to attend
- Notice Sheets will remain online
- One way system will remain in place at St Chad’s
- Ventilation – we’ll continue to keep the doors and windows open
Things which will change:-
- Social distancing: There will be a section of each church building which will maintain social distancing measures and a requirement to wear face coverings throughout the service – We recognize that there are a whole lot of good reasons people will want to sit in these areas for themselves and for others. The other part of each church building will be non-socially distanced, but we ask that you remain considerate to others when choosing where to sit. Please space out as much as possible.
- Singing will be permitted – whilst seated and wearing a face covering – Praise the Lord!
- Communion: We will continue to bring this to you in your seat. Communion will be done by “simultaneous administration”. Come September we will review whether everyone coming to the communion rail is appropriate and/or whether we return to using a common cup to serve wine.
The simultaneous administration of consecrated bread and wine is effected by the president taking a wafer carefully from the paten or ciborium with the fingers and touching it briefly but carefully to the surface of the wine, allowing a small amount of the wine to suffuse into the bread.
Coronavirus - Consent Form - NHS Test and Trace Form
St Bartholomew and St Chad takes its duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England's robust procedures and guidelines. You can find out more about the national policies and procedures at www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding
If you have any safeguarding concerns or issues of a safeguarding matter then you can find useful contact information at www.chester.anglican.org/social-responsibility/safeguarding